Where do I start this? I am in disbelief that my precious "Gracie" has had to move onto her next life. Only yesterday she was bouncing along for her morning walk, giving lots of happy barks and greeting her friends along the way. Now she is with all her former doggie friends, without Mike and me! The golden bridge was waiting for her, a rainbow up ahead glowing in the mist, welcoming her to her next life. We didn't know it would happen this way. A sudden shock, some kind of stroke, leaving her unable to stand or move, paralyzing all her body except her head.She valiantly struggled all night to get up, but all was frozen immovable. It was awful to witness.
Gracie, we will miss all your beautiful ways to get our attention; the morning wake up with a gentle paw, the nudge for a treat, a little woof for walk time. Laughs and giggles when you rearranged all your fluffy hair over your eyes just the way you wanted it. We think of so many smiles you brought to our life with all your loving ways. How to go on without you?
I know we must put aside all sorrow soon, and think only of how lucky we were to have you for three short years. I know you loved it here with us, so grateful to be rescued, but we were the lucky ones that you found us.
I am finding it hard to type more thoughts as the rears stream down my face.
I am finally more composed so can write more.Here are the pictures to keep her image alive..
Just so cute, a heart-breaker.
So this is as much as we need right now. She was one in a million and we were chosen.
B
As a friend to Barbara and Mike, I also knew Gracie for a year. She was a very lovlng dog and I will miss her terribly.
ReplyDeleteJoanne Wiggin, Sebring, FL.
thanks Joanne
Delete