There is always great anticipation for the Christmas season. So many things to do to prepare the household for festivities. The normal daily tasks of clean up from everyday meals, the dog to brush, tables and pictures to dust are just taken for granted; The beds need fresh sheets, bathrooms need fresh hand and bath towels, new flowers in the dining room and of course the tree to be decorated with lights and ornaments.
I cannot resist multi cookie recipes and always try some new chocolate concoction.
Food and Wine's color picture of tiered shortbread and almond paste chocolate dipped morsels was too amazing to pass up. The construction was one cookie, brush with apricot jam, another cookie and brush with apricot jam, one thin round of almond paste on top, and then dip the top in chocolate glaze. I had all the necessary ingredients on hand so spent one day producing 50- 2" bases and the next day during a lull in the afternoon, dipped the tops. What should have been the easy part turned out to be a bit tricky. The chocolate got a bit too hot and lost it's beautiful shine. Me of all people should know better! I will include the recipe after the next try with a little addition to it all. I have made a note to myself, to pay attention to the chocolate part and make them perfect next time. The cookies do taste really good tho. It turns out Almond paste is one of Mike's favorite flavors.
Also a few shots of the tree with past cookie ornaments and all.
A visit with Mary Lou enjoying a dessert of Panna Cotta, Raspberries
and a Linzer cookie.
This is all right now, maybe later I will get a picture of our front door entrance. More to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment