Friday, March 18, 2016

Don't Forget About Leukemia

About 8 months have gone by since my astounding announcement last July regarding the diagnosis of Chronic Leukemia, reported to me while getting the results from  a routine blood test. Scrolling forward, most  days I completely forget about it but then at night the scary thought of Cancer sometimes creeps into my shadowy dreams. So far, it is a No contest, a Nothingness. This is the way the Chronic or Slow growing version can begin. If I am extremely lucky, it might go on like this for many years. I do have a friend who has dealt with this for 14 years and still needs no "Meds". All this sounds great and very encouraging. Maybe I will outlive this annoying disease with no harm done. My daily routine continues on without any compromise to my diet or change in my sport workout. Why I am bringing it up at all, is the fact it is still lurking in my system like a bad penny. I would compare it to having the Shingle virus; a condition that could be activated at any time without warning.

I will not mention it again until there is a reason to do so.

The spring season here in Florida,  is giving us lovely warm weather and lots of activities. It is still not too hot for most outside endeavors. It is still OK to take the dog in the car as long as the windows are down and maybe park the car in the shade. The time is right for gardening, setting out  new bedding plants and lots of mulch or decorative stone. I look at the fabulous display over at Chicanes Restaurant and only hope I could accomplish the same reward.Their beds of flowers and artistic rough landscape viewed from the inside window seating  at the waters edge are spectacular. Please send that landscape designer over here!

Just joking but is does impart optimism that something similar could be done here at my house. I think next week will be the real start of improvements here. I have resisted new plants and mulch but soon it must be dealt with. When I get the before and after pictures I will be sure to attach them. 

Today is Friday and we will have Mike's sister Sue and her husband Steve here for dinner. Sue and Steve live in Wisconsin. They will drop in at Ray's first and later arrive here for dinner. It should be a good time. We have planned grilled steaks, baked potatoes, all the trimmings, asparagus and a nice salad to start. Ray is bringing Strawberry Cheesecake, and I have made a Key Lime Pie. (Remember we have our own lime tree).  Of course drinks of various kinds and a mellow Pinot Noir for the table.


No comments:

Post a Comment