Thursday, April 10, 2014
Book Signing
Yesterday was a banner day! I was scheduled to do a book signing for my recently published book, The Accidental Baker: a cake for every crisis, in our own park library. To get to this point had been a struggle. For some reason the head person of our library committee thought it was not something they do? I pointed out it was a book, in a library, in my own park and I was a full time resident. Anyway, after much positioning of forces, the day arrived and I set up in a corner of the clubhouse. I had already sold quite a few books to my Pickleball friends and other acquaintances here in the park. I had posted a few flyers announcing it was today, just to remind the residents with short memory that this was the day. A few guests trickled in and I launched into the synopsis and the message of the book, YOU CAN DO IT! Everyone was receptive and quite intrigued about all the escapades, comic chapters and collection of recipes throughout my book. To finish this story, I sold twenty seven books! You never know what each day will bring. I have to remember to be positive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment