Today Just Another Thursday
I am up early as usual and have time for a few thoughts. I have lost one whole page somewhere. The whole thing is so annoying and I am giving it too much time and thought while I search for it. Every setting on the computer has been checked but it's just gone away. Maybe if I just rest the whole idea it will come to me what to do to fool this computer into giving it up!
Meanwhile the tournament yesterday ended on a low note for my partner and me, as we just missed taking the last game by one point. But I know, that's the way of tournaments, there is always one more on the horizon.
Thinking of yesterday's great dinner, I used a bunch of red chard for an interesting marmalade mixture under BBQ thin sliced seared pork tenderloin.
Some of the main ingredients.
In a saute pan, use a grating of fresh ginger, minced onion and garlic.
Saute these ingredients in 2 Tbls, olive oil.
Add chopped chard, (hold the chopped leaves to add later).
and cook briefly on high.
Add a splash of chicken broth and dry Vermouth.
Cover, cook on simmer 2 minutes.
Add leaves, stirring into chard.
Season with pepper and salt if needed.
Add a nob of butter, stirring in 2 Tbls. flour to add texture to mixture.
Cook 2-3 minutes more.
To assemble
Use big spoonful of chard in center of plate, add seared, BBQed thin sliced pork tenderloin on top.
Finish with a splash of fig/balsamic liquid seasoning for perfect results! (Marshall's)
Minced basil around edges of plate, optional.
Enjoy!
My trip to Vancouver in July is forming up with friends registering ahead for the book signing as expected. I hope I will be able to accomplish it all. Some days I just get too tired and that worries me. My son Paul said what did I expect,---Mom you are 82! Well I expect to go on with my usual energy that I have always had. Gracie is nudging my arm reminding me of her morning walk, so I can't write anything more and will sign off.
bye
B
No comments:
Post a Comment