Saturday, June 21, 2014
"Gracie" Speaks Up" New Doggie Thoughts
This is my first posting at my forever home. I love it here. Before I found my new Mistress, I didn't get to go on lovely long walks or get many pats. I think the new baby at that household took all the attention. So the group found a new wonderful place for me to enjoy the outdoors and be protected from summer storms and scary lightning. I am in Tanglewood in Sebring.
Before I tell you anything more, I am a Bearded Collie, sort of like a sheep dog, very shaggy and friendly. When describing my breed, "Bounce' is the by-word. We Beardies bounce when walking or trotting. Everything flies up and down; my ears flap, coat flips up, all the long strands of fur over my eyes fly to each side. It is very energetic and my Mistress says, "comical". Each day she smiles at me when we walk and play ball. When I retrieve the toy, my heart races and I fly back to her so fast, ready to drop it at her feet and get the next treat. I never get tired of this game. A drink of water is always ready too.
As you can see I can sometimes be found on the big bed in the master bedroom after our busy time outside.
I have been here two years now. I was 10 when I came to my new home, so that would make me over 12 now! Wow I am an old girl. My Mistress is an old girl . We are 2og's. Don't you just love saying that, 2og's. We are so current and keeping right up in today's texting style.
All the rooms in my new house have a hiding place for me when it rumbles outside; inside the shower stall, almost under the bed, in a snug corner of the guest bed room or in a corner of the den. I am very nervous with loud sounds. I'm not sure why but it makes me run and hide. Apart from that idiocyncracy, I am the perfect companion for my Mistress, Barbara and her husband Mike.
I am so happy to be with my new family. Sometimes I just can't help myself and I jump and bark a lot when we go for walks. My natural instinct is to herd everything moving; like golf carts, bicycles or speeding cars. This is still a problem for my owners, to keep me in control on the leash when these distractions go by us. I hear a lot of "NO NO" for the excessive barking and 'GOOD GIRL" when I get distracted by a treat and sit down at the Heel Position; I mean, I know all the commands but sometimes I pretend I have forgotten them. When I was really young I remember being a show dog, but that was a long time ago!
Most mornings we are out before dawn for our first walk, (at least 4 every day), and Barbara uses the flashlight to see our way, also to find and pick up my Doggie Diamonds. The early sprinklers are on making everything wet but I like how it feels cool on my paws. When I get home, I stand still while my feet get toweled dry, and then we go inside to have breakfast, Barbara usually has cereal and prunes, and I have kibble with bits of chicken and lots of fresh water in my bowl. What a great life I have now!
I hear of whispers about somebody traveling soon. I see the luggage out. It must be true. I think it is my Mistress going on a special trip to another city on a plane. I hope Mike knows all the things to do when he is on his own, just the two of us. Maybe I will have to nudge his elbow to get his attention.
Stay tuned for more doggie ramblings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 31
So here are some current happenings at my house. It is still very hot outside. My family is a year round resident here in Florida, so that means we have to pace our daily outings to take in the cooler, (75), air in early morning and avoid the middle of the day. I only chase the ball once or twice otherwise I get too tired and have to run for some shade.
My Mistress was away for 11 days so Mike and I had fun all to our selves. The trip is described on this computer blog somewhere so just look for it to find out how it all went. I am so glad she is back tho!
I can always count on her to let me out for a walk or brush me when I get tangles in my hair. I had a bath out on the driveway the other day. I pretend I don't like it but it really feels good. The lukewarm water and soft suds make all the bits of dirt or sand go away. Next, the conditioner makes it all smooth and soft. When I am finished and dry, my coat is so clean that everyone wants to pat me. They say, "Gracie you are so beautiful."
I just toss my head to make my hair fly over my face in such a cute look, and prance away, doing my Beardie Bounce. I really love it here with Mike and Barbara!
Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gracie, we are so lucky to have you in our life. Please stay as healthy as you are today to be with us forever
ReplyDeleteWelcome, Gracie! You look beautifully and you sound like a lovely dog.
ReplyDeletePoppy